1. In a passive house there is a significant cut of expenses
Compared to a classic house, whose power bill tends to increase progressively, the power saving of a passive house is of 75-80%. Thus, the external power need is lower than in the case of a normal house, due to the maximum use of the following heat sources:
- Heat produced by the human body
- Heat produced by electrical appliances
- Heat coming from the activities carried out inside the house
- Heat from the Sun - that is why the joinery needs to be South oriented.
- Heat coming from the land the house is built on.
The main reason for the energetic efficiency is the thermal insulation of the foundation, walls and structure, through the use of insulation materials and technology without thermal breaks. Thus, the cost of the power bill will decrease 10 times compared to a traditional house. In other words, in case of a regular house, the yearly maintenance can reach 450 euro on average, while for a passive house these expenses cost under 100 euro.